There is no denying the fact that Field Service Lightning is among the most innovative and powerful tools for appropriately optimizing a mobile workforce in the present era.
Salesforce Field Service Lightning (FSL), one of the finest products for field workers and technicians within the Salesforce CRM, leverages the full potential of the Salesforce CRM platform to assist dispatchers to prioritize and schedule jobs more effectively.
FSL operates with the Salesforce Service Cloud, adding capabilities to dispatch, monitor, and report the activities of Field workers and representatives. Salesforce FSL focuses on allocating the right mobile employee in the right place, at the right time to meet customers’ requirements. Technicians can work on-site with the Field Service Lightning offline mobile application.
To harness the power of Field Service Lightning, the users need to install two managed packages.
- Base Package – It consists of the object data model.
- Lightning Package – It consists of Field Service Lightning App.
What are the three main parts of Field Service Lightning?
Field Service Lightning is a set of powerful and highly customizable features that enable businesses to connect customers, connected devices, agents, dispatchers, and employees in the service field with one powerful service platform.
When Field Service Lightning is activated, the users get access to a set of standard objects found in Setup and as tabs in Salesforce. These objects provide basic field service features such as work orders and service appointments.
The Field Service Lightning managed packages are based on basic features that include:
- A guided setup tool that guides the users through managing field service records and customizing settings.
- A dynamic scheduling console that allows dispatchers and supervisors to keep an eye on team members’ projects and scheduled appointments.
- A scheduling optimizer that efficiently allocates resources for appointments by accounting the technician’s skill level, location, travel time, and much more.
- Scheduling triggers and policies that help users adjust scheduling model and display preferences.
The Field Service Lightning mobile application for iOS and Android is an ultimate tool for field service technicians and workers. Application users can manage work orders, track parts, collect customer signatures, and send dispatchers through their mobile devices. The users can install the app from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
Four Main Users of Field Service Lightning
Field Service users fall into the following categories:
1) FSL Administrator
2) FSL Agent
3) FSL Dispatcher
4) FSL Mobile Worker or Technician
FSL Administrators – Admins are behind the setting up the core features and assigning required permissions to users.
FSL Agents – They are responsible for receiving inquires calls, handling cases and work orders, and booking appointments.
FSL Dispatchers – Dispatchers schedule and assign technicians to work orders intelligently and scheduling appointments based on skills and routing policy.
FSL Mobile worker or Technician – They are responsible for receiving work orders and appointments, managing and updating job progress, and delivering a seamless customer experience through the mobile application
Steps to Enable Field Service Lightning
Step 1: Go to Setup>> Field Service Settings>> Enable Field Service Lightning
Step 2: In the Notifications section, choose “Enable notifications” to send notifications to users’ on the Salesforce mobile app, and the FSL mobile app about the status of work orders and service appointments.
Step 3: In the “Auto-Created Service Appointments” section, choose ‘Days After Created Date’ to define the due date for a certain number of days on auto-created service appointments.
Step 4: In the “Sharing” section, choose one of the following options:
- Choose ‘Share dispatched service appointments with their assigned resources’ – If the sharing access to service appointment is Private or Public Read Only, to provide the service appointment edit access to the assigned service resource.
- Choose ‘Share service appointments parent work orders with their assigned resources’ – If the sharing access to Work Order is Private or Public Read Only, to provide the work orders edit access to the assigned service resource.
Step 5: In the ‘knowledge Search’ Section, choose the work order and work order line item fields to display the suggested Knowledge articles based on the selected fields
Step 6: And then, Click Save.
In a nutshell, Salesforce Field Service Lightning provides users with the comprehensive tools that are required to schedule and assign work orders, schedule appointments, and manage your mobile workforce.
Hire our certified FSL experts to explore how FSL allows businesses to deliver intelligent, fast & timely, personalized, and productive on-site services to their customers. Choose the world’s leading Salesforce development company now!